[Histonet] Sakura Rapid Tissue Processor

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Jul 28 10:03:20 CDT 2009

Daniel:
The other part of your question refers to costs. Under separate cover I am sending you an article I wrote on the cost effectiveness of the Xpress and other MW technology tissue processor (although the Xpress is an hybrid).
Please also pay attention to the previous answer where it is stated that the schedules changes (which can be "drastic") caused the lost of some good technicians. Many things have to be considered when such a change is planned.
René J.

--- On Tue, 7/28/09, Daniel Schneider <dlschneider <@t> gmail.com> wrote:

From: Daniel Schneider <dlschneider <@t> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Sakura Rapid Tissue Processor
To: "Jean Warren" <jwarren23 <@t> cinci.rr.com>
Cc: "histonet" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 10:01 AM

Actually, that was perfect, wordy replies are what I had hoped for.

How is the automated embedding working out for you?  The way I see things,
automated embedding is the true killer feature of the Xpress -- that is, if
it works.

Why don't skins process well on the Xpress?  (When I first appreciated the
automated embedding feature, my first thought was "Great, no more
misembedded pigmented skin lesions!"  But if we can't do skins, well...)

Breasts cancers require at least 8 hours formalin fixation for reliable
Her2Neu FISH; presumably that's why you've been told not to do breasts on
the Xpress.  That said, is there a reason why we couldn't or shouldn't
process breast core Bx's on the Xpress provided they've been sitting
overnight in formalin?
Thanks!!!
Daniel Schneider