[Histonet] Timers and bells and alarms-Oh My!

Jean Warren jwarren23 <@t> cinci.rr.com
Fri Jul 24 09:41:26 CDT 2009

Funny you should bring up this subject, Connie. Two of us work night shift in our Pathology department, so it should be nice and quiet!
All we are supposed to do is embed and cut and stain the H and Es. Do you know how hard it is to ignore immuno and special stainers and PTS alarms and ThinPrep machines, while we are listening for our rapid tissue processor to signal that it is finished. God forbid there might be a fire alarm; we would think it was something going off in another room somewhere! Sometimes, we just have to go and silence them all. I call it putting the babies back to sleep!  So yes, I wholeheartedly agree that some unique melodious sounds would be better.

Jean