[Histonet] Re: Fluorescent dyes and xylene

Bader Siddiki baderbo <@t> gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 15:24:44 CDT 2009

Hello
My experience is that most Immunofluorescence dyes do not withstand alcohol
and organic solvents dehydration.
You can use aqueous mounting medium with anti-fading agent.
Frozen brain tissue is tough to work with;  since it contains tons of
lipids.
Lots of mounting mediums will produce air bubbles because aqueous mounting
medium being hydrophilic and brain tissue being hydrophobic.
We are in the process of developing an aqueous mounting medium with
anti-fading agent and should be OK to use with tissue like brain, if
interested please let us know we can send you a sample for evaluation.
Bader

--
If any Q's please feel free to contact us
Have a nice day/weekend
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With Kind Regards /
avec l'aimable ce qui concerne /
種とについて
Bader
Bader B Siddiki, PhD