[Histonet] RE: human vimentin IHC

PALMER Jason (SVHM) Jason.PALMER <@t> svhm.org.au
Tue Jul 14 21:33:40 CDT 2009

Igor.

A few years back I used Dako V9 mouse anti human vimentin to label human grafts in a mouse background.  Tested it first on several mouse tissues and got no reactivity, compared to very strong reactivity in a variety of cell types in human tissue, and so am sure that it is human specific cf mouse.  I used the Dako ARK to get around the mouse-on-mouse background issues and was happy with the staining obtained (although not quite as sensitive perhaps as a standard, LSAB method).  I am actually about to try this again myself very soon.  I used citrate AR and primary at 1:800 for my staining.

Cheers,

Jason Palmer
Histology Laboratory Coordinator
Bernard O'Brien Institute
42 Fitzroy St, Fitzroy Victoria 3065
Australia
tel +61 3 9288 4018
fax +61 3 9416 0926
email: jason.palmer <@t> svhm.org.au

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:03:47 -0400
From: Igor Deyneko <igor.deyneko <@t> gmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Human VIMENTIN and SMA IHC
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Dear Histonetters!
I am wondering if anyone can possibly advise good antibodies for HUMAN anti
alpha SMA and Vimentin. I'm working with xenografts, human tumors with mouse
stroma and in the past had a lot of cross reactivity and background issues.
Does anyone know good antibodies or a clone, or has a good protocol for
either???
All would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Igor Deyneko
Infinity Pharmaceuticals
Cambridge, MA

Disclaimer : The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are intended only for the person or entity to which this e-mail is addressed and may contain confidential, privileged and/or commercially sensitive material. If you are not, or believe you may not be, the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies.