[Histonet] human dendritic cell staining

Deepali Dhar deepali.dhar <@t> yale.edu
Tue Jul 14 09:25:43 CDT 2009

Hello!

I am trying to stain dendritic cells (DCs) - from the immune system (not the
brain) - in formalin/paraffin sections. I've heard that fascin is a commonly
used marker but I don't think it's very specific  - I see some endothelial
cell staining too.  Looking online, I've also found other possible markers,
namely CD11c, CD68, and 33D1. Having never done this staining before,

1. Which marker for DC is routinely use in Immunohistochem (IHC)?

2. Are there other possible markers that are specific to DCs for IHC? Do
these markers stain only DCs or also monocytes, macrophages, etc?

3. Also, if you have done staining for any of these markers, could you
suggest antibodies and/or protocols?

Thank you!

Deepali Dhar
Yale School of Medicine 2012