[Histonet] misleading message on Histonet last Friday

Mike Pence mpence <@t> grhs.net
Mon Jul 13 14:35:34 CDT 2009

I did not receive this message and have not seen this message come up in
the last several weeks.
Are you sure this came on the listserv?

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of LINDA
MARGRAF
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 1:41 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] misleading message on Histonet last Friday

Dear Histonetters:
I got the message below privately from one of the list members and (with
their permission) wanted to pass it along to the membership.....

Dear Linda:
Matthew Semovoski [histosearch <@t> gmail.com] posted this on Histonet this
AM: Hey everyone,  I am looking at getting some supplies for a new
histology lab. Has anyone ever purchased from Gorilla Scientific?
www.GorillaScientific.com  I just got a flyer in the mail from them and
it seems like they have some really good prices. I think I can save a
lot on my slides if I purchase from them. Has anyone else on here
purchased anything from them?  Thanks,  Alex histosearch <@t> gmail.com
Well it was not Alex who posted it was Matthew Semovoski who posted this
& he is the man who answers the phone when you call up Gorilla
Scientific. I as a sales person play fair & do not try to do any slick
sales adds on histonet & wanted to make you aware of this. (I really am
such a geek & LOVE TO LEARN from Histonet too!) So I really do want to
thank you for all of the hard work that you do & just wanted to make you
aware of this instance. Thank you so much & have a great weekend!

I don't want to turn this into a major discussion but would like to
remind everyone that we run Histonet using University of Texas resources
and they would not appreciate (or support) its use for commercial
advertising even if it is disguised in a misleading message. Thank you,
Linda M Histonet administrator

This e-mail, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments
transmitted with it contains information that is confidential and
privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the
individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the
intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper
authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, printing, or use of this information is strictly prohibited and
possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations. If you
have received this information in error, please notify Children's
Medical Center Dallas
immediately at 214-456-4444 or via e-mail at privacy <@t> childrens.com.
Children's Medical Center Dallas and its affiliates hereby claim all
applicable privileges related to this information.