[Histonet] slide labeling systems

Laurie Colbert laurie.colbert <@t> huntingtonhospital.com
Thu Jul 9 08:58:23 CDT 2009

Tom,

We use the ThermoFisher Printmate for our cassettes, and the PSLIM from
Accuplace - now being marketed as the Slidemate by ThermoFisher - for
our slides.  We have had issues with both, and hopefully we have all of
the bugs worked out.
We print a 2D barcode on the cassette, which causes the printing to take
longer. But the nice thing is, we then read that barcode on the cassette
to print out our slide.  We no longer have to put paper labels on the
slides.  We are not interfaced with any LIS at the moment.
I'm pretty happy with both.
Feel free to call me or email if you have any specific questions.

Laurie Colbert
Huntington Hospital
(626) 397-8620

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Tom
McNemar
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 3:19 AM
To: histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Subject: [Histonet] slide labeling systems

I am looking for a slide/block labeling system.  I am particularly
interested in those that will interface with Meditech and was wondering
what people are using and what they like/don't like about them.

Is anyone using the Thermo Slidemate?  I was talking with the rep
yesterday and it seems that it may just the ticket.

Thanks.

Tom McNemar, HT(ASCP)
Histology Co-ordinator
Licking Memorial Health Systems