[Histonet] Error corrections

kristen arvidson arvidsonkristen <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Jul 7 13:20:39 CDT 2009

How are people typically correcting errors that occur.  For example, mislabeled slides and path slips.  We do a lot of hand writing in our lab and when we make a mistake people are usually whiting out or scribbling.  I'm feeling like we shouldn't be doing this....is there a standard like a line through the error with the person's initials or something? The other thing is that we do all the grossing (Derm) and we do not dictate, we draw a picture of the specimen and write down the measurements.  If the picture is wrong people white it out and re-draw it.  I hope I'm making sense.  Any suggestions?