[Histonet] time guidelines for grossing tissue

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 14:53:07 CST 2009

Maybe it is not a "general guideline" but I was able to calculate an average time for grossing/cassetting ranging from 0.9 to 8.3 (average of 2.7) hours per 100 specimens all depending, as you point out, on the type of specimen.
René J.

--- On Thu, 1/29/09, Michele Wich <mwich <@t> 7thwavelabs.com> wrote:

From: Michele Wich <mwich <@t> 7thwavelabs.com>
Subject: [Histonet] time guidelines for grossing tissue
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Thursday, January 29, 2009, 2:32 PM

Does anyone know if there is a "Standard" for times when grossing
tissue? I know it takes longer to gross a Kidney than say a Skin Tag ...
but is there a general guideline that has been determined for grossing
tissue?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

This communication is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is legally privileged, confidential or exempt from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any
prohibited.  Anyone who receives this message in error should notify the sender
immediately and delete it from his or her computer