[Histonet] free archive of JOH!

Stancel, Barbara Barbara.Stancel <@t> fsis.usda.gov
Thu Jan 29 12:13:54 CST 2009

After 38 years in this profession, it is with great joy that I plan to retire sometime in 2009. I am gradually going though my "archives" (Arranged & Random Collections of Highly Important Volumes Essential to only mySelf). I have worked for the Federal Government for 30 years---everything has an acronym!

Among my prized processions is (what I believe to be) a full set of the Journal of Histotechnology. Beginning with Volume 1 No.1 September, 1977 through the one I received yesterday. I really do not have a place for them at home. They will not be conducive to retirement activates. They will contribute nothing to sewing for my beautiful granddaughters and their dolls. Their only benefit in my garden would be as (gasp!) mulch or compost.

I am hoping somewhere out there in HistoLand is someone or some institution who would like to maintain these in their archives. Someone who will enjoy the nostalgia of the early editions and the indepth-ness of the most current issues.

All I ask is that you pay for the shipping. It will be book rate, but I have no idea how many pounds yet. There are enough to fill at least 1 ½  to 2 copier boxes. Or if you are in the great and glorious Southern states of Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, or South or North Carolinas, you may pay for my husband's and my dinners when we meet to load them from my trunk to yours.

Later, I may have some books to sell or donate. It is tough to part with my many histo-bibles. They become an integral part of one's lab life. You know which one to grab for any question. You can loan them out to newbies. But to be sure you get them back : you SIGN them out to Pathologists. They make a great "lift" when your adjustable height chair no longer adjusts and you have blocks to embed. Best of all; what a great way to remember-way-back-when? Hand processing.  Our first Autotechnicon with its punched metal disc time controller to the Ultratechnicon with agitation, heat and vacuum! We started processing RUSH specimens in 1.5 to 2 hours. We have come a long way in just 38 short years!!!

I digress. Or is it regress? In my case, it's both!	Please e-mail me at the address below.

Histologically yours,

Barbara
USDA, FSIS, EL, Pathology
Athens, Georgia 30605