FW: [Histonet] Klotskin's modification of the Masson's Trichrome

Bryan Llewellyn llewllew <@t> shaw.ca
Thu Jan 29 10:07:43 CST 2009

Klatskin's Modification of Masson Trichrome Stain

1. Hydrate paraffin sections
2. Harris's hematoxylin, 10 minutes
3. 95% ethanol, rinse parent hepatic fat fraction provides an index that can
be
4. Picric alcohol (saturated solution of picric acid in 95% ethanol), 10
minutes
5. Wash, 10 minutes
6. Ponceau (1% ponceau in 1% glacial acetic acid), 5 minutes
7. Phosphomolybdic acid (1%, aqueous), 5 minutes
8. Aniline blue (saturated solution of aniline blue in 2.5% glacial acetic
acid), 2 minutes
9. Phosphomolybdic acid, 5 minutes
10. 1% acetic acid, 5 minutes
11. 70% alcohol, 2 minutes