[Histonet] Need any info for JUNG HISTOSTAINER Ig

Michelle MacVeigh-Aloni macveigh <@t> usc.edu
Wed Jan 28 19:38:13 CST 2009

Hi all,

We do research. We got a hand me down JUNG AUTOSTAINER XL which now does all the H&E and it is a blessing! Now I am thinking about purchasing a second hand Immunostainer to run some immunos, so we can use our time for something better than babysitting the slides.

There is a very inexpensive JUNG HISTOSTAINER Ig available, but I have no experience in this area. (I couldn't even find a picture of it on the Internet...) For now we only do a TUNEL stain for apoptosis, but the need for more immunos is rising. (Our students use a lot of fluorescent markers if this makes any difference.)

What do you think? Do you recommend it or am I just investing in a pricey incubation chamber?

I would appreciate any input
Michelle