[Histonet] second patient identifier on tissue cassette

Piero Nelva pieronelva01 <@t> bigpond.com
Tue Jan 27 21:02:06 CST 2009

Before we had our cassette labeller, we wrote the first three letters only
of the surname on the side.  Pretty awkward, but we had no other option.

Piero Nelva
Anatomical PAthology
Monash Medical Centre
Australia

----- Original Message -----
From: "VOGT, LORI" <LVOGT <@t> lewistownhospital.org>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:54 AM
Subject: [Histonet] second patient identifier on tissue cassette

How are you small hospitals dealing with a second patient identifier on the
tissue cassette if you do not have a cassette printer/labeler?  Is there an
easier way then hand writing patient name on cassette?

Lori A. Vogt
Technical Section Head/ Histology
Lewistown Hospital
400 Highland Ave.
Lewistown, PA 17044
Phone-717-242-7213
Fax-717-242-7540
Web Site: http://www.lewistownhospital.org

The Mission of the Lewistown Healthcare Foundation (LHF) is to provide
personal, high quality, economical health care that meets the needs of our
communities.
The information contained in the electronic message is privileged and
confidential information intended for the use of the addressee listed above.
If you are neither the intended recipient or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering this information to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or taking of
any action in reliance on the content of this telecopied information is
strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify us by telephone to arrange for return of the original document.