[Histonet] Re: staining for manganese

Benoît Delatour benoit.delatour <@t> u-psud.fr
Mon Jan 26 14:23:43 CST 2009

Hi,
There is a Timm stain - like protocol from Angenstein
(Manganese-enhanced MRI reveals structural and functional changes in the
cortex of Bassoon mutant mice. Angenstein F, Niessen HG, Goldschmidt J,
Lison H, Altrock WD, Gundelfinger ED, Scheich H. Cereb Cortex. 2007
Jan;17(1):28-36) using Na2S that shows some interesting results with
manganese autometallography. The problem, as mentionned by RJ Buesa,
concerns the specificity of the staining. Using this method in the past
I observed staining increase in the brain following MnCl injection.

Regards,

Benoît Delatour