AW: [Histonet] double staining on the ventana XT

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Thu Jan 22 12:22:42 CST 2009

Kim,
We also use the Basalcellcocktail (with p63).
The protocol is put together of the two single protocols for the single
markers with the usual incubation times. The first HIER step is naturally
the retrieval for both antigens. The first part is the dab-kit. After the
colour-development a second HIER step takes place. You can choose time and
temperature (eg. 60 degrees, 15 min; or 90 degrees 8 min). That depends on
how easily your first primary and secondary antibodies can be denatured.
Than the Red-kit follows. At the end is counterstain and blueing.
If the first primary and sec. ab are'nt denatured you get an overall red
result. If the second HIER step is too harsh, you see it in the morphology
or high background.
Gudrun

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Artim, Kimberly [mailto:ArtimK <@t> slhn.org]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. Jänner 2009 18:02
An: gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Betreff: RE: [Histonet] double staining on the ventana XT

Guadrun,
 Would you be able to provide me more detailed protocol information for the
prostate biopsy staining.  Are you using P63 as well?  Any information you
provide would be greatly appreciated.
 Thank you,
Kim

Kimberly Artim, HT (ASCP)
Technical Coordinator, Anatomic Pathology
St Lukes Hospital & Health Network
801 Ostrum Street
Bethlehem, PA 18015
610-954-4832