[Histonet] Re: tissue processors

Joseph Saby saby_joseph_a <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 17:51:34 CST 2009

I worked with a VIP 1000 well over 20 years ago.  This is a dinosaur!

Issues that will come to haunt you:

    The retort lid will warp over time (if it isn't already warped).  Minor overtensioning of the clamps cause this.  Many years ago we were told that new lids were no longer available.

    The printed circuit boards failed on a regular basis.  Last I heard, they were no longer made.

Perhaps an aftermarket parts are now available for these issues.  I remember these units were real work horses.  But they had no where near the bells and whistles you get with more modern units.

Good luck!

Joe

________________________________
From: Atoska Gentry <gentras <@t> vetmed.auburn.edu>
To: Histonet <histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:30:54 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Re: tissue processors

hello, we are in the market for a new/replacement tissue processor. If you have experience and/or pertinent detailed info on any of the following  will you please share with me ASAP? *1.*ThermoShandon Citadel 2000 Tissue Processor, *2.* Leica TP 1020 Automatic Tissue Processor, and last but not least  *3.* VIP 1000 Floor Tissue Processor. Thank you kindly. Atoska