[Histonet] BrdU, CldU and IdU nucleotide labeling

Tyrone Genade tgenade <@t> gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 06:25:23 CST 2009

Hi all,

I would like to label slow and fast cycling progenitor cells using
double nucleoside analog labeling.

Can BrdU be distinguished from CldU and/or IdU? Maslov et al (J.
Neurosci, 24:1726--1733, 2004) used anti-BrdU antibodies to show both.
I assume, one stains one slide of BrdU only treated tissue with
anti-BrdU to identify one set of progenitors, and then stains the
slides of tissue treated with both (for example) BrdU and CldU and
then substracts the first result from the last to get the difference?
Or are there specific antibodies to BrdU, CldU and IdU that are
available?

Can anyone supply a copy of Aten et al (Meth. Cell Biol. 41:317--326,
1994)? Its the reference for the original protocol---unfortunately not
available to me. :-( A protocol would be just as welcome.

Thanks
--
Tyrone Genade
http://tgenade.freeshell.org