[Histonet] MHC Class 1 Antibody

Dana Settembre settembr <@t> umdnj.edu
Tue Jan 20 13:08:47 CST 2009

Hello Laura,
We use Dako's Mouse Monoclonal
Anti-Human HLA-ABC antigen
Cat.# M0736
for MHC Class 1

I just looked online and the spec sheet is not available, but here is
what the
spec sheet says that I have in front of me:
Specificity:
"Anti-HLA-ABC Class I Antigen," (clone) "W6/32 is directed against a
monomorphic epitope on the
45 kDa polypeptide products of the HLA-A, -B and -C loci.  These
glycosylated polypeptides are non-covalently associated with
B-2 microglobulin, constituting the HLA-A, -B, -C or class I antigen of
the
human major histocompatibility complex (MHC)"

I use a acetone fixation of 4 minutes, then buffer then staining.
Hope this helps.

Dana Settembre, HT ASCP
Immunohistochemistry Lab
UMDNJ - University Hospital
Newark, NJ    USA

>>> "Bliven, Laura" <bliven.laura <@t> marshfieldclinic.org> 01/19/09 1:08
PM >>>
I'm looking for an MHC Class 1 antibody for staining on frozen muscle
sections. Would prefer an unconjugated antibody. Anyone performing this
test willing to suggest an antibody and company?
Thanks much,
Laura

Laura Bliven, AAS, HT(ASCP), QIHC
Histology Lab/IHC