[Histonet] rat NMJ immunostaining

Fátima Ferreirinha fatima.ferreirinha <@t> gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 05:53:16 CST 2009

Hello everybody,

I'm having trouble obtaining immunofluorescence staining on rat diaphragm
motor endplates (fixed with 4% PFA). I have no staining at all! Motor
enplates are there as I can see them because I use an additional staining
with a peptide (bungarotoxin) labelled with TRITC.

I have already immunostained mouse motor endplates (of the foot pads) with
the same technique and I had no trouble!... Those antibodies work on rat
tissues because I've already tried them on other rat tissues with no
problem. I've already tried several technical modifications with no luck. I
don't understand what could be the problem! Is there any difference between
rat and mouse motor endplates?

Could anyone give some hint, please?

Thank you,

Fátima