[Histonet] prion contaminated tissue processing

Jackie M O'Connor Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Thu Jan 15 15:02:52 CST 2009

You're right - "the last I heard" was about 15 years ago.   It's
interesting to hear the that things we learned back then - will still kill
us today.     Everything I know I learned from www.giantmicrobes.com.

Peter Carroll <carrolpb <@t> umdnj.edu>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
01/15/2009 02:26 PM

cc
histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject
Re: [Histonet] prion contaminated tissue processing

 > exposure to bleach will kill 'em - last I heard.

think about it... if that were the case, things like BSE and CJD
wouldn't be able to taint meat-processing equipment, which is generally
about as awash in bleach as anything could be, at least once per shift.