[Histonet] Re: Refurbished Equipment

Sherwood, Margaret MSHERWOOD <@t> PARTNERS.ORG
Wed Jan 14 11:01:52 CST 2009

To all:

I sent a recent request to the Histonet asking for people's views re:  Leica's
ST5020 stainer and CV5030 coverslipper.  Many people replied enthusiastically
about these instruments.  Thank you very much for your input.

I had several replies from companies who sell refurbished equipment.  My
question:  Does anyone have the earlier model stainer (Leica XL) and how does it
differ from the newer model (i.e. was anything-important-improved upon)?
Obviously, the price difference is great.   Money may be an issue, so if we can
go the less expensive route, so much better.  We have never purchased
refurbished equipment, so would be interested in your ideas in general as well.

Thanks again!
Peggy

Peggy Sherwood
Lab Associate, Photopathology