Re: RE: Re: [Histonet] Fixation of the damaged brain tissue

TF tifei <@t> foxmail.com
Mon Jan 12 10:07:18 CST 2009

Thanks, Dont you think high pressure during perfusion leads to tissue swelling and disrupted morphology?

2009-01-13

TF

发件人: Charles Scouten
发送时间: 2009-01-13  00:02:40
收件人: tifei <@t> foxmail.com
抄送: histonet
主题: RE: Re: [Histonet] Fixation of the damaged brain tissue

Formaldehyde penetrates very slowly, that is why we do perfusion in the first place.  To get fixative everywhere very quickly, since autolysis and breakdown starts almost immediately with anoxia.  The tissue around the wound is decaying quickly, and not getting fixed fast enough.
Consider using a higher pressure on the perfusion to force washout of the extra vascular space.
Cordially,
Charles W. Scouten, Ph.D
Innovation Manager
Biosystems Division
Leica Biosystems St. Louis LLC
5918 Evergreen Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63134
United States of America
telephone +1 314 522 0300   Ext. 342
facsimile +1 630 964 0576
www.MyNeuroLab.com
www.leica-microsystems.com
IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. Any retransmissions, dissemination or other use of
these materials by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If received in error, please contact
us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects. Our liability is limited
to resupplying any affected attachments. [Any representations or opinions expressed in this email are those of the
individual sender].