[Histonet] Re: E16 paraffin embedding

Jennifer Springsteen sprin119 <@t> umn.edu
Sun Jan 11 12:54:01 CST 2009

When we process embryos this old, the are so large and their skin is so
thick that we have to make a long slit down their back with a razor
blade to allow infiltration.  Otherwise, we get a soft, mushy mess that
can't be sectioned.  Depending on what you are interested, you could
them in half down the midline, or do a slit down the back or belly.
Good luck!

--
Jennifer L. Springsteen, B.S.
Lab Manager, Assistant Scientist