[Histonet] IHC price per slide/test

Jan Shivers shive003 <@t> umn.edu
Tue Jan 6 14:50:26 CST 2009

Hello all,

I'm trying to find out the range of IHC fees from 'human' hospitals, but am having difficulty accessing this information from hospital websites (I don't have the time to be put on hold while I call around).

I know that veterinary hospitals cannot charge as much for their tests as human hospitals do (no insurance coverage by patients, for instance), but I'd like to find out how wide the disparity is between what you charge and what we charge.  We use the same instrumentation and reagents as you (autostainers, same monoclonal Abs, polymer detection systems, etc.)

So... what do you charge for tissue/tumor antigen IHC?  Infectious disease antigen IHC?  I'm not looking for a long list of prices.... just an average fee per slide.

Thanks in advance for any help you're able to provide.

Jan Shivers
Senior Scientist
Pathology Teaching Program
Histology/IHC/EM Section Head