AW: [Histonet] EvG restain

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Tue Jan 6 06:27:05 CST 2009

I think it's possible. But I wouldn't destain it, just go back through
xylene and ethanols to water. Then check in the microscope, if the elastic
fibers are still well stained. If they are put the slides again in the
vanGieson solution (=pikrofuchsin, =säurefuchsin in satured picric acid) for
3-5 min. then short differentiating in 96% ethanol, then dehydrating,
clearing and coverslipping.

VanGieson tends to fade out with time.

Bye und tschüs
Gudrun

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Dr. med.
Frauke Neff
Gesendet: Dienstag, 06. Jänner 2009 10:37
An: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: [Histonet] EvG restain

Dear netters,
I've got few slides stained with EvG but the red "collagen"-stain (I think
its
the "säurefuchsin" step) is very weak (But there are arteries and meningial
tissue that should display collagen). Does anyone know, if it is possible to
destain these EvG slides and restain them with EvG or just the
"säurefuchsin"
step to intensify the collagen stain?

Thanks in advance,

Frauke