[Histonet] Differences between WB antibody and IHC antibody

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sun Jan 4 11:49:53 CST 2009

As Ray states it is all empirical, some will work from WB to IHC and some
will not in my experience.  In general if the spec sheet recommends a
dilution for WB at say 1:2000, I will start using the ab for IHC on tissue
at 1:200 (it will definitely need to be tittered and used at probably around
10 fold more concentrated for IHC on tissue).  I like getting info on the ab
for WB and sometimes that may be all you get.

Best regards,
Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech, LLC