[Histonet] Triton x-100 stability

Benoît Delatour benoit.delatour <@t> u-psud.fr
Thu Feb 26 07:06:47 CST 2009

Dear Histoneters,

We have recently experienced some troubles in carrying out routine
immuno against nuclear fos protein (unexpected weak signal). We have
troubleshooted all what was possible to troubleshoot (use of 3 different
primary antibodies batches, two secondary ab, new buffers, change the
revelation kit etc.). Immunos directed against other epitopes (eg
amyloid-beta) give satisfactory results but the IHC in trouble, that
targets intranuclear epitopes, is still defective. I suspect now that
the non-ionic surfactant we are using (Triton x-100) could have been
degraded by high temperatures we had for several weeks in the lab (due
to a central heating problem in our building). I made some temp.
measurements in the reactives cupboard (around 35-40°C). Does anyone
have any information on Triton x-100 stability? According to
manufacturers' recommendations, the product should be stored at RT but I
did not succeed to get more precise information.
I thank you in advance for all comments, suggestions and alternatives.

B. Delatour

--
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie de l'Apprentissage,
de la Mémoire & de la Communication,

If you think research is expensive, try disease.