[Histonet] Re: Mohs technique

whitmorel whitmorel <@t> mindspring.com
Wed Feb 25 13:21:15 CST 2009

First of all, there is no apostrophe in Mohs. Sorry, being picky is a necessity for a Mohs tech.  How are you mounting your tissue?  Are you using a glass slide to mount the tissue?  There are several different method out there for mounting tissue so you can be sure the entire epidermis is completely down and air bubbles are out of the tissue.  You might have your surgeon contact the Mohs College and see about getting a trainer to come and work with you.  With your background, the 2 days the College suggests would work great. The other alternative is to go and visit a trainer.  If you go onto the website www.mohscollege.org you can find a list of Mohs histotech trainers.

Lynn Whitmore HT(ASCP)
Mohs Histotechnology Trainer

-