[Histonet] Training first time cutters

Charles.Embrey Charles.Embrey <@t> carle.com
Mon Feb 23 10:46:23 CST 2009

You know that after all the heated discussion on certified verses
non-certified techs, asking this question is like walking onto hot coals
barefoot.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Celebre
Julia
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 10:09 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Training first time cutters

> It's been awhile since we've had to train someone to cut from scratch
and I need your help to figure out  two things:
> 1. how long should it take a new cutter to cut 20 blocks, no levels,
nothing fancy, just one H&E per block.
> 2. what's the average length of training  for the above to be
accomplished? how long is long enough?

> Julia Celebre MLT
> Anatomic Pathology
> Hamilton General Hospital
> 905-527-0271  ext 46179
> email: celebrej <@t> hhsc.ca

This information is directed in confidence solely to the person
named above and may not otherwise be distributed, copied or
disclosed. Therefore, this information should be considered
strictly confidential. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender immediately via a return email for further
direction. Thank you for your assistance.