[Histonet] Practical Exam

Chiriboga, Luis Luis.Chiriboga <@t> nyumc.org
Fri Feb 20 14:45:24 CST 2009

I would like to add one thought to this and it comes from my experience in lobbying over the that last 3 years since licensure was mandated here in NY.....

No one (other than histologist) is/are going to do or help us achieve what we want......we have to do it ourselves. If this means empowering NSH or using some other method or approach, so be it. Everyone else (non-histologist and in particular pathologist) have their own agenda and rightfully so.  It is up to us further our agenda/goals because we are our own "special interest group".... and no one else/other organization will do it for us.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Rene J Buesa
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 3:33 PM
To: Histonet; Rittman, Barry R
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Practical Exam

Barry:
Don't tell me, those were the 2 arguments posed by the ASCP to stop administering the practical test.
On the other hand I know that the NSH is not structurally able to take care of that function.
The other thing that you mention, UNIONIZING I strongly think would be a better avenue, although it will be an extremely difficult proposition.
René J.