[Histonet] Pathos Processing tissue problems

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 07:59:04 CST 2009

Much likely so!
René J.

--- On Wed, 2/18/09, Helen Fedor <hfedor <@t> jhmi.edu> wrote:

From: Helen Fedor <hfedor <@t> jhmi.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] Pathos Processing tissue problems
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2009, 5:33 PM

Hello, Our Surgical Pathology Department has been using the Pathos processor. I
work in research and we have begun to have issues with the tissue falling off of
the slide after pretreatment for IHC. Has anyone else noticed this happening?
The tissue is much harder in the block than the standard method of processing.
Is this normal? Does that have anything to do with the tissue falling off the
slides?
Thanks in advance.

Helen L. Fedor

Comprehensive Tissue Services Center Manager
Prostate Spore Lab Manager
600 N. Wolfe St, Marburg Room 406
Baltimore, MD 21287-7065
410-614-1664