[Histonet] Overseas graduates

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 10:31:40 CST 2009

In this case Beatrice, the problem was not with the mechanism but with the fact that the accrediting agency did not recognize the technical school you went to because they do not recognize technical schools as sources of higher education (as they are not) nor they recognize a foreign technical degree as equivalent to a national technical degree.
It seems that you were able to get your bachelor equivalence and using it you got your ASCP certification.
What I wrote referred to higher education equivalencies used as a certification route in this country and, as such, what I wrote is correct.
René J.

--- On Tue, 2/17/09, Debrosse-Serra, Beatrice <Beatrice.Debrosse-Serra <@t> pfizer.com> wrote:

From: Debrosse-Serra, Beatrice <Beatrice.Debrosse-Serra <@t> pfizer.com>
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Overseas graduates
To: rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com, "Histonet" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>, kimtournear <@t> yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 11:18 AM

René,

I hate to tell you, but it isn't as simple as you make it sound. The school
I went to was a technical school, which was very specific. But since it
wasn't a University, they didn't recognize my schooling and certificate
and I would have to get my bachelors all over again. However, I did get
certified here and at least have an HT and QIHC from the ASCP. So what you are
saying is not totally correct.

Beatrice DeBrosse-Serra
Pathology Scientist
Pfizer Global Research & Development