[Histonet] OJT Uncertified techs

Cheri Miller cmiller <@t> physlab.com
Mon Feb 16 08:17:36 CST 2009

I can't find Certified techs to work in my lab. I have 1 registered tech
close to retirement, 1 non-certified tech with 30+ years in histology and
she is limited to microtomy only, and me.  I have 2 OJT techs that are
really quite good. I am teaching them everything I know, making them look at
their specials under the scope before they call me over to verify the stain
for them. They have met the educational requirements and I am trying with
what I have to give them the knowledge and the ability to

troubleshoot. I hired them with the understanding that I expect them to sit
for their registry within a reasonable amount of time otherwise they are
gone. Until we are seen by our peers the MT's, CT's and the Pathologist's I
will just continue to grow my own techs.

Cheryl Miller HT (ASCP)

Histology Supervisor

Physicians Laboratory,P.C.

Omaha, Ne.

402 738 5052

PRIVILEGED / CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION may be contained in this message.  If you are not the addressee intended / indicated or agent responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that you are in possession of confidential and privileged information.  Any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system.