[Histonet] uncertified techs in Histology

Weems, Joyce JWeems <@t> sjha.org
Fri Feb 13 10:40:43 CST 2009

We have a collection of specimens - heart, lungs, kidneys, brains, etc.
that I have taken to schools for health fairs. We also loan them to
other health care professionals to use for this purpose also. We talk
about smoking, drinking, eating, bike and skate board safety, etc as we
have normal, emphysema and malignant lungs, and normal and cirrhosis
liver. It is always a great hit with the kids. I take along brochures
and talk to the students about this profession. I hope they remember! J

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE