[Histonet] Daily H&E Control

Marshall, Kimberly Kimberly.Marshall <@t> ahss.org
Thu Feb 12 09:30:10 CST 2009

Howdy fellow Histo Techs,

  I am hoping to get an answer from everyone regarding C.A.P. and the
rules about a daily H&E control.  This year will be the first one for
our lab with CAP, I want to know if there is a regulation about having a
daily H&E control to view and if so what tissue do they want used.  Up
till now each day I give my Pathologist a QC sheet to fill out and I
make any changes the next day if there are any problems.  My pathologist
use the daily slides as a control.  Is this enough or do I need to have
record of a control separate from my daily workload?  Thanks in advance
for you help.

Kimberly Marshall H.T. (ASCP)

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this
message and deleting the material from any computer.