[Histonet] uncertified techs in Histology

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 09:58:26 CST 2009

A hospital that relies on uncertified techs to do histology work is motivated by the pursue of costs cuts (you can call it greed!) and shows total disregard for quality of work and patient care. They may end losing all those savings when settling a legal case.
René J.

--- On Wed, 2/11/09, Steven Coakley <sjchtascp <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Steven Coakley <sjchtascp <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] uncertified techs in Histology
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 9:55 AM

Any thoughts or experiences with my fellow HT/HTL's(ASCP).  What the big
advantage do all these facilities think there gaining by going with unregistered
techs, especially when theres always ongoing quality issues when theres so many
trained certified HT looking for work?  In my area of the country I can't
believe how many Hospitals go this way.