[Histonet] NY DOH inspection question

McMahon, Loralee A Loralee_Mcmahon <@t> URMC.Rochester.edu
Tue Feb 10 08:58:43 CST 2009

I would be interested in how you verify the performance of the xylenes and alcohols as well.  Thank you in advance.

Loralee McMahon, HTL (ASCP)
ICC Supervisor
University of Rochester
Department of Pathology

(585) 275-7210

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Whitaker, Bonnie
Sent: Tue 2/10/2009 9:26 AM
To: HistoNet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Subject: [Histonet] NY DOH inspection question

Hi All,

Will some of you that are inspected by the NYDOH please email me with how you
meet the requirement (below) for performance verification for alcohol, xylene
and formalin?
Clinical Laboratory Standards of Practice, Part 1- General Systems; Reagents
Sustaining Standard of Practice 4 (REAG S4): Inventory Control.
The standard states that the inventory log should include the following
information: lot numbers, expiration dates, the date of receipt in the
laboratory, date of performance verification and the date the material is
placed in service, it is a requirement.

Thanks!!

Bonnie Whitaker
Clinical Histology Manager