[Histonet] AO 860 repairman in NC?

Caroline Bass cbass <@t> wfubmc.edu
Mon Feb 9 12:47:31 CST 2009

Hello Everyone,

I have refurbished an old AO 860 sliding microtome. I¹m pretty proud of
myself, I¹ve unlocked the totally gummed mechanism and have put it together
myself. It seems to work very well. The only problem I have is tuning the
sliding block. I have no idea how to approach it, and after several failed
attempts (I can get it to slide down the length, but can¹t achieve a smooth
movement), I¹m wondering if it¹s better to find a repairman in the area that
can spend an hour showing me how to do this.

Does anyone have suggestions? Do you know of any repairmen in the area?

Thanks,

Caroline Bass