[Histonet] PIN4

Truscott, Tom ttruscot <@t> vetmed.wsu.edu
Mon Feb 9 10:17:22 CST 2009

Hi Ann, Are you using the same microscope in the new location? Tom Truscott USDA-ARS

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of thisisann <@t> aol.com
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 1:09 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Cc: atiakhan <@t> qdxpath.com; aketat <@t> qdxpath.com
Subject: [Histonet] PIN4

We just moved a Ventana Benchmark XT to a new location.? It appears to be working exactly the same as it was at the old location...no issues.? We used the same IView DAB detection kit? (same? protocol as well), same control tissue and same Vulcan Fast Red reagents.? All procedures are followed exactly at both locations.
Can someone tell me why the Vulcan Fast REd is staining with a "brown" color to it instead of red at the new location.? We even used distilled water for rinsing and decontaminated the XT.? I don't know what else to do....
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ann