[Histonet] prediluted Fitc labelled antibodies?

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 10:58:49 CST 2009

Gudrun:
I used to predilute the FITC conjugated antibodies and placed the aliquots in a -80ºC freezer until they were going to be used. In that way I could use them until the manufacturer's expiration date.
René J.

--- On Thu, 2/5/09, Gudrun Lang <gu.lang <@t> gmx.at> wrote:

From: Gudrun Lang <gu.lang <@t> gmx.at>
Subject: [Histonet] prediluted Fitc labelled antibodies?
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 11:37 AM

Hi all,

Has anyone experience with the shelflife of prediluted FITC-labelled
antibodies? We use them for direct Immunofluorescence and dilute usually
with PBS on the same day of use. With the increasing amount of IF-tests we
consider prediluting the antibodies. But I don't know, if there is any
negative influence.

Thanks in advance

Gudrun Lang