[Histonet] Nail softner

Joe Nocito jnocito <@t> satx.rr.com
Thu Dec 31 16:09:32 CST 2009

20% sodium hydroxide works great. Hey, they don't call me "Joe the Toe" for
nothing. Happy New Year

JTT
----- Original Message -----
From: "DELIA GARCIA" <deliadfam <@t> yahoo.com>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2009 1:26 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Nail softner

Hi Everyone,

I have a question... What is a good nail softner to use at the grossing
table prior to fixation? We were currently using KOHw/DMSO from Healthlink
Healthcare. However I cannot find who sells it. Healthlink only distributes.
Plus I dont have the time to keep hunting for it. I'm hoping there are other
alternatives you all might be using that you can share with me. What we had
has lasted us my whole time here and then some so I havent had to order it
before. Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you in
advance. You all have a Happy New Year!!!!

Delia
Lead Histologist