[Histonet] Hello fellow Histo's , 2 questions for you

Mike Pence mpence <@t> grhs.net
Mon Dec 28 08:13:09 CST 2009

I don't know of a charge for immediate evaluation' services by technical
staff?

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Garrison, Becky
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2009 1:29 PM
To: Kim.Donadio <@t> bhcpns.org; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Hello fellow Histo's , 2 questions for you

Here, we have either a pathologist or histotech take a cart with
dissecting microscope to the kidney biopsy in Radiology and give the
nephrologist who performs the procedure immediate feed back on whether
the biopsy contains sufficient glomeruli.  95% of the time, the techs
attend and the pathologist backs up when no tech is available.  (This
applies to native kidney biopsies only; transplant kidney biopsies are
brought immediately to Pathology Gross Room by nephrology fellow or
resident.)

It is interesting that we have never charged for this 'immediate
evaluation' service, neither technical nor professional.   Are others
who perform this service charging, and if so, what CPT code / modifier
is used?

We do not do frozens off site.

Becky Garrison
Pathology Supervisor