[Histonet] Processing Of CSF

Aazath Raj aazath <@t> hotmail.com
Fri Dec 25 08:12:45 CST 2009

Dear Friends,

            Iam a Technical Officer in Apollo Hospitals India in Department of Histopathology and Cytology. I am having a problem in CSF processing for cytology. We are using Thermo Shandon 4- Cytocentrifuge for processing CSF and Urine. The yield is very less. We spin it with 750rpm ( acceleration- medium)for 5 min with 1drop of egg albumin as adisive.Most of the time the CSF has been reported as no cellular material found.Iam little concern about the technique ,which we are following. Is anybody have a better way to process the CSF for Cytology with better yield of material.

Merry X-Mas and Happy New Year to all.

with regards,

Aazath