[Histonet] RE: BK Virus Antibody

Mauger, Joanne MAUGER <@t> email.chop.edu
Wed Dec 23 08:12:08 CST 2009

Hi Jim,
We use the SV40(large T-antigen) antibody from BDBioscience #554154. Vector has a different antibody for polyomavirusJC/BK viruses, #VP-P973. Both work well for us in FFPE. The problem we always have is no positive control tissue! Good luck.
Jo
Joanne Mauger
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Vickroy, Jim [Vickroy.Jim <@t> mhsil.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 2:44 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] BK Virus Antibody

We used to purchase our BK virus antibody from a company called Chemicon.  Apparently they were bought out by Millipore and the antibody is not available from them.   I need to get the antibody from a new source.   Any ideas?

James Vickroy BS, HT(ASCP)

Surgical  and Autopsy Pathology Technical Supervisor
Memorial Medical Center
217-788-4046

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.