[Histonet] Leica Bond

Debrosse-Serra, Beatrice Beatrice.Debrosse-Serra <@t> pfizer.com
Tue Dec 15 17:29:58 CST 2009

Hi Liz,

We have Bonds and use protein blocks all the time. It isn't part of the
kit, but you can use it in one of the open containers.

Beatrice DeBrosse-Serra
Pathology Scientist
Pfizer Global Research & Development
CB4, 2150
10646 Science Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
Phone# 858-622-5986
Fax# 858-678-8290

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Liz
Chlipala
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 3:21 PM
To: histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Leica Bond

Hey everyone

I have a question regarding the Leica Bond IHC stainer.  We are
currently evaluating it.  Is it true that you can not use a protein
block on the instrument and if you do you have to rinse afterwards.  I
know that a lot of labs do not use protein blocks anymore but we
routinely use them here, we use a serum free protein block on all of our
IHC slides.  If there is anyone out there that is willing to give me
some advice on this?  Also if anyone wants to comment on the use or lack
of use of protein block that would be greatly appreciated also. I'm
beginning to think I may be old fashioned but I'm a bit concerned about
not using protein block, OMG I hope I'm not turning into one of those
techs who has been in the field so long that they have become resistant
to change, yikes!

Thanks in advance

Liz

Manager