[Histonet] RE: Help! Losing sections from Superfrost Plus Slides

sarah tarran starran <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Dec 9 22:52:10 CST 2009

Hi Angelina,

We were having the same problem with frozen mouse aortas. I was cutting at 5ums onto superfrost slides and was losing about half of my sections. I ended up swapping to superfrost plus ultra, plus I bake the slides in the histology oven at 60 degress celcius for 10 minutes and now I nearly never lose a section - the only time I do is when I have done a lazy job of cutting and have collected a section with a fold in it.

Good luck!