SPAM-LOW: Reponses to Merced and Richard Re: [Histonet] cryojane tape transfer system

Merced M Leiker leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
Wed Dec 9 10:28:48 CST 2009

I guess I did not realize what ongoing discussion my comment about the
CryoJane tape transfer would spark! Thanks to the replies I have received
in private and in public, I see that it indeed helps one make lovely bone
sections.

In the past 9 years that I have cryosectioned, I have done a range of soft
tissues, but never bone. CryoJane had been pushed on me a time or two by a
rep to use on my (non-bone) tissues. I discovered, however, that it was not
necessary on my (non-bone) tissues. I was never informed of using it on
bone (until now!), never even crossed my mind, since I'd never done bone.

So, I'm sorry for anyone who may have been offended by my question about
the use of the CryoJane tape transfer.  I indeed figured I had to be
missing something!   :-)

Regards,
Merced

--On Sunday, December 06, 2009 2:31 PM -0700 Patsy Ruegg
<pruegg <@t> ihctech.net> wrote:

> Here, here Gayle, I have a picture on my website of a calcified horse
> carpal bone I cut using the Instrumedics tape transfer system, I bet no
> one would have been able to do that without using the tape.
> www.ihctech.net
>

> Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
> IHCtech
> 12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215
> Aurora, CO 80045
> 720-859-4060
> fax 720-859-4110
> www.ihctech.net
> www.ihcrg.org

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician III
Cardiovascular Medicine
348 Biomedical Research Building
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214  USA
leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
716-829-6118 (Ph)
716-829-2665 (Fx)

No trees were harmed in the sending of this email.
However, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.