[Histonet] Bachelor's Degrees

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 08:22:37 CST 2009

Cindy:
And not being able to hire anybody without the license is absolutely great and why the license was created in the firs place, namely, to avoid having low paid people doing histology work in detriment to others more qualified.
The salary competition posed by those not licensed is the cause for the low pay histotechs receive when compared with other professionals in the medical laboratory.
That was exactly the point: to assure a just salary for histotechs.
René J.

--- On Mon, 12/7/09, Cynthia Pyse <cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com> wrote:

From: Cynthia Pyse <cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com>
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Bachelor's Degrees
To: "'Thomas Jasper'" <tjasper <@t> copc.net>, "'Nathan Jentsch'" <njblademaster <@t> gmail.com>
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Monday, December 7, 2009, 8:12 AM

Tom,
I agree with you about Nate qualifications. Unfortunately in NYS if you
bring in outside work your tech MUST be licensed in NY. The copy of the
license need to be displayed in the lab. I haven't found any way to hire
employees without a license.

Cindy Pyse, CLT, HT (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
X-Cell Laboratories