[Histonet] (no subject)

Durden, Kelley kelleydurden <@t> pathology.ufl.edu
Fri Dec 4 07:32:43 CST 2009

I completely agree with the other responses you've gotten on this inquiry.  Moving from clinical to animal research, initially, I thought I was doing something wrong or had "lost my touch."  But upon further instruction from my histo supervisor in my new lab I was able to adjust.

So - going in the opposite direction - I think he will welcome the change and do very well.  When I do get the opportunity to cut human samples now it's like a "hot knife through butter."

Tell your acquaintance to take heart and have confidence in his ability - he'll probably be great!

Kelley

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of jeri <@t> opssearchgroup.com
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 2:49 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] (no subject)

Histonetters,

I am hoping you folks can provide an opinion.  I am assisting an individual who has a Biology degree, HTL certification and for the past 3 years worked in the histology section of a private lab where they cut, embedded and stained animal tissues. He would like to transition to a hospital lab.  Is there any reason his skill set and knowledge would be incompatible with his desired new ambition?

Jeri Vitello