[Histonet] What book to study for registry?

Jay Lundgren jaylundgren <@t> gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 05:03:18 CST 2009

    At AFIP we used *Theory and* *Practice of Histotechnology, *by Sheehan
and Hrapchak as our primary text.  It's available on Amazon.com for around
$71.00.  We also used the *Manual of Histologic Staining Methods of the
Armed Forces Institute of Pathology* edited by Lee Luna for special staining
theory. This one might be a little harder to find, although it's been on the
bookshelf of any good Histopathology lab I've ever been in.  Everyone from
my class, who attempted it, passed the ASCP registry on the first try.

                                        Lee Luna lives!

                                                  Jay A. Lundgren, M.S., HTL
(ASCP)